The Daily Mail Group has more than 120 years’ heritage in newspaper publishing and is a global multi-media business providing the world with the latest news and information in national newspapers, websites, mobile and tablet applications. It owns the prestigious newspaper brands – Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Mail Online, Metro
Daily Mail wanted to shift to a flexible service model in order to tackle the high variability in demand experienced across its traditional contact centres. Another key objective was to improve customer orientation by identifying new ways of engaging with and rewarding loyal readers and fans of the brand’s various digital products.
“As a multinational media conglomerate, our focus is on improving customer experience through intelligent use of data, technology and consumer know-how. Limitless’ gig-based customer service model fits in well with this vision of ours. Deploying CrowdService™ has brought us closer to our customers, allowing us to reward them as Experts for their loyalty and brand passion.”Beverley McIntyre, Head of Customer Services, Daily Mail Group
Limitless’ on-demand customer support platform helped Daily Mail Group to source CrowdService™ Experts who are loyal customers of its products and services and leverage their product knowledge to provide on-demand customer support. Experts, who are freelancers, enrol on the Limitless app to answer customer queries, in exchange for cash rewards.
The programme launched in June 2017 and has since quadrupled in volume. This successful model has evolved to support a range of Daily Mail Group brands including:
Mail Plus: The subscriptions wing of the business for its leading newspaper brands
Mail Shop: the official marketplace for Daily Mail, offering a wide range of retail products
MyMail: Daily Mail’s reward and loyalty programme in partnership with Nectar
Following its success, Daily Mail Group has since deployed Limitless Live Messenger™, an asynchronous peer-to-peer messaging platform, on its various product websites. This allows website visitors to connect directly with Experts enrolled on the Limitless platform.
- Lower cost-to-serve: By shifting from a per-active-head-count pricing model to a pay-as-you-go per case pricing model, service costs have reduced 35%
- Response times reduced from 48 hours to 10 minutes: 10 minutes is all it takes a Daily Mail Ambassadors to successfully resolve a customer query. Am amazing feat, unparalleled in the customer service sector!
- Higher CSAT: Limitless has helped Daily Mail consistently improve its Customer Satisfaction Score which now stands at 87%
- 30% contact deflection: Through deploying Limitless Live Messenger on key product pages, over 30% of digital enquiries are now being deflected to Experts and this number is rising.
- Won Best Innovation in Customer Engagement at the Engage Awards 2018