You will manage the finance systems and processes for the organisation and as such will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, forecasting and budgeting, managing payments, overseeing payroll, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organisational financial stability.
Reporting to: CFO
Status: Full time
Location: Central London
Limitless is a venture backed business transforming the way customer service is delivered by the world’s biggest companies. Our SmartCrowd platform utilises the gig-economy to enable organisations to harness expert product users to help customers on-demand. Our clients include Unilever and Microsoft.
Who you are
You are a qualified in ACA/ACCA/CIMA having passed all your exams first time. You will be keen to continue your professional development within a small but fast-growing start-up and aim to be heading a finance team in the near future.
You understand that with every great job will come some mundane tasks but you will relish the challenge to excel in these tasks and will constantly be looking to create efficiencies to reduce the time spent on such tasks. You also understand that working in a small team will mean you will need to roll your sleeves up possibly at short notice.
You will be a commercial thinker with strong excel and analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail. You will be keen to get ‘under the skin’ of the company and understand its key drivers to profitability. You will work well with a small team of like-minded individuals and will be able to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Month end close processing and production of monthly reports including balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all balances reported accurately reflect the monthly closing position
- Monthly reporting across the organisation of performance
- Working with external accountants on AP, VAT payroll
- Working with sales and account management team to ensure timely billing of invoices and accurate recording of revenues
- Alongside CFO – maintenance and input into business plans/forecasts
- Managing all tax issues, including transfer pricing and R&D claims for the group both UK and overseas ensuring timely reporting compliance with all relevant authorities
- Profitability analysis by product and customer
- Ad hoc analytical detail as and when required
- Manage group entities (currently US and UK) including all payroll and tax issues
- Managing all aspects of all systems impacting the business (including Soldo, Xero) ensuring continual process improvement
- Building a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
What you will need
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- 2+ years general accounting experience preferably in technology
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash book and VAT
- Experienced in using the Xero accounting package
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills; able to interact and collaborate with a wide range of people both in and outside of Accounts
- Capable of growing in this fast-expanding business
- Ideally Degree level educated
- A high degree of professionalism, sound judgement and discretion in contacts with management and outside organisations.
- Proactive self-starter, who can work remotely as well as in the office
- Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work and create a friendly environment in the office.
- Patient and flexible when dealing with colleagues and suppliers
- A readiness to adapt and embrace change
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness
- Self-motivated, proactive, and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Honest and trustworthy
Why join us?
Be London based, have a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress quickly. Build something amazing and be part of a passionate and ambitious team that YOU will help define.
To chat about this role please contact Margaret on firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Financial Controller role.