Reporting to: CFO
LIMITLESS is a venture backed business transforming the way customer service is delivered. Our AI powered mobile solution connects Brand fans with other customers who can answer their questions “on demand” and rewards them for every question they answer correctly. We are looking for key members to join our start up and be part of our team that creates amazing customer experiences. Our mission is to disrupt the way people expect to be serviced from major companies worldwide and empower anyone to earn money from the palm of their own hand. We are looking for people who “think differently”, are passionate about being unique but love working as part of a team where everyone has the same goal to… BE LIMITLESS.
We are now looking for an energetic, self-motivated person to work in our finance team.
Who you are
You are a qualified in ACA/ACCA/CIMA having passed all your exams first time. You will be keen to continue your professional development within a small but fast-growing start-up and aim to be heading a finance team in the near future.
You understand that with every great job will come some mundane tasks but you will relish the challenge to excel in these tasks and will constantly be looking to create efficiencies to reduce the time spent on such tasks. You also understand that working in a small team will mean you will need to roll your sleeves up possibly at short notice.
You will be a commercial thinker with strong excel and analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail. You will be keen to get ‘under the skin’ of the company and understand its key drivers to profitability. You will work well with a small team of like-minded individuals and will be able to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- Managing all aspects of the Xero accounts system
- Working with external accountants on the purchase activities
- Working with sales and account management team to ensure timely billing of invoices and accurate recording of revenues
- Month end close processing and production of monthly reports including balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all balances reported accurately reflect the monthly closing position
- Completing and filing Quarterly VAT returns
- Maintenance and input into business plans/forecasts
- Profitability analysis by product and customer
- Adhoc analytical detail as and when required
- Building a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
What you will need
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills; able to interact and collaborate with a wide range of people both in and outside of Accounts
- Experienced in using the Xero accounting package
- Capable of growing in this fast-expanding business
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Ideally Degree level educated
- 2+ years general accounting experience preferably in technology
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cash book and VAT
- A high degree of professionalism, sound judgement and discretion in contacts with management and outside organisations
- Proactive self-starter, who can work remotely as well as in the office
- Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work and create a friendly environment in the office
- Patient and flexible when dealing with colleagues and suppliers
- A readiness to adapt and embrace change
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness
- Self-motivated, proactive, and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Honest and trustworthy
Why join us?
Be London based, have a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress quickly. Build something amazing and be part of a passionate and ambitious team that YOU will help define.
To chat about this role please contact Margaret on email@example.com, quoting the Financial Controller role.